“Massimo” is ...
Villa Le Prata
Villa Le Prata was built in the 1860 by Count De’ Vecchi. Later, the house became the country home of the Bishop of Montalcino.Massimo Losappio and his wife, Marialuce, acquired the Villa in 1980.
Driven by a passion for wine and the pleasure of sharing the bounty of this land with friends, Prof.Losappio chose to plant the first hectare of vineyard near the Villa, at 500 meters above sea level.Subsequently, he planted two more vineyards in the area of CastelnuovoDell’Abate, at 200 and 250 meters above sea level.
These three vineyards in three different areas create the perfect combination of aromas and perfumes offered by the altitude and the body and structure found only in this land south of Montalcino.
At the moment the production is of 15,000 bottles of Brunello di Montalcino, 5000 of Rosso di Montalcino and only in the best vintages, 600 bottles of Brunello di Montalcino Selection / Reserve "Massimo".
Villa Le Prata is a very small winery where the members of the family work with great passion to obtain only highest quality wines.