The estate is situated on the north side of Montalcino and extends for 400 hectares, of which thirteen are cultivated as vineyards.
In the centre stands the castle, originally built in the thirteenth century by the Altesi family and completed in 1441 by the Tricerchi family. The cellar is situated in the dungeon.
Everything in this part of the castle is as it was 600 years ago and traditional methods have been conserved, even with the inevitable help of technology. This is where ageing of the wine takes place.